Baytree tilt and turn windows allow for maximum flexibility – they can be opened partially for ventilation by tilting inwards from the bottom edge, or they have the feature of opening fully from the side to allow for easy cleaning.
The tilt and turn window is popular where an inward opening application is required, for instance where outside window shutters prevent a window from opening outwards. It operates simply into ‘ventilation mode’, where the top of the sash tilts inwards. On closing the sash and further rotating the handle, the hinge mechanism is engaged, allowing the sash to swing inwards for an easier and safer outside windowpane to clean.
The following key features are relevant when installing casement windows;
· Single handle with dual function; ‘Tilt’ for secure ventilation and ‘Turn’ for cleaning, with restricted access possible
· Available in a choice of sizes
· Available in a range of glazing and designs
· Keep the heat in with one of our Platinum Plus energy saving glass options
· 10 year guarantee
· For funding options take a look at our finance section
· An excellent solution for situations where it would not be possible or advisable to open windows outwards, e.g. ground floor windows at the side of a street or pathway
· No gaps between the sash and frame ensuring excellent noise reduction
· Offers greater security against break-ins